Last Updated: November 14, 2016
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- Use of Your Information by AGMM
- Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- Your Controls and Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security, Integrity and Retention
- Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
- Comments and Questions
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account or otherwise provide us your personal information, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our Websites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- Information you provide in public forums on our Websites and applications.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our Websites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our Websites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our Websites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our Websites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
2. How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our Websites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms. Please visit Online Tracking and Advertising for further information, including Do Not Track and how to disable cookies.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provide or we collect automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
3. Use of Your Information by The AnnieGirl® Multi-Media Family of Companies
A member of AGMM, which includes many different brands, will be the data controller for your information. The relevant data controller(s) can be determined here. Other members of AGMM may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Websites and applicationsor changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Websites and applications and on third-party sites and applications. To learn more about how we use your information for personalization and tracking, please visit Online Tracking and Advertising.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When we cooperate with financial institutions to offer co-branded products or services to you; however, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, the financial institutions are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to the co-branded products or services
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like email services, package delivery, customer service, payment gateway or shopping cart services; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your personal informationwith other companies outside of AGMM so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by visiting , contacting , or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact Guest Services.
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Websites and applications are not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collection personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personal information on the Website or application.
7. Data Security, Integrity and Retention
8. Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
10. Comments and Questions
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of AGMM to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content. Visit our Your California Privacy Rights page for more information.
AGMM. AGMM refers to AnnieGirl® Multi-Media and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, which offer their products and services under various brand names, and to the Law Office of Anne Moebes, which may also, in addition to providing legal services, offer on its website, www.marketinglawadvisor.com, the products of AnnieGirl® Multi-Media and its subsidiary and affiliated entities. These companies engage in a number of businesses, including motion pictures and television, publishing, consumer products, online classes and other interactive services and legal services. The AGMM brands include, among others, the following:
- AnnieGirl® Multi-Media
- AnnieGirl® Press
- AnnieGirl® Films
- AnnieGirl® Products
- AnnieGirl® Online
- The Legal Savvy® Series
- Law Office of Anne Moebes
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our guests.
Data Controller. The data controller for all subsidiary or affiliated entities of AGMM, including the Law Office of Anne Moebes, which is responsible for the personal information collected from our Websites and applications, is as follows:
530 S. Lake Avenue, Suite 900
Pasadena, CA 91101
Data Processor. A data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of a data controller (or data controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the data controller(s).
IP Address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our Websites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Member. Member means a subsidiary or affiliated entity that is part of AGMM and the Law Office of Anne Moebes.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our Websites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our Websites and applications may offer message boards, customer reviews, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our Websites or applications, please contact .
Guest Services Contact Information
530 S. Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101
United States of America
For questions related to our privacy privacy, you may also telephone Guest Services at 626-696-3878