BOOK 1: ATTRACT CUSTOMERS WITH SWEEPS AND CONTESTS-A LEGAL TOOLKIT (SEE ALSO DESCRIPTION BELOW OF CD OF TEMPLATES, WHICH IS INCLUDED WITH THE 1ST EDITION)
How do 2 billion Internet users spend 59% of their time online? Sweeps and Contests! Sweeps and Contests are one of the top 5 online activities. Which is why over 70% of major companies make sweeps and contests part of their marketing strategy.
In this practical, thorough, but compact, book, learn:
- Why sweeps and contests are such a powerful marketing tool
- What makes a sweeps and contest legal in the United States
- What you need to know to comply with U.S. law, step-by-step
- Special considerations for user-generated contests
- What needs to go into your Official Rules and other forms
- The rules you must follow on various popular social media sites
- When you need a lawyer
- And much more!
BOOK 2: ENGAGE CUSTOMERS WITH USER-GENERATED CONTENT-LEGALLY!
In 2006, on a small budget, a movie studio (and Fortune 100 company) conducted one of the first user-generated content (“UGC”) contests. It drew 156,000 friends on MySpace and earned three times more than the box office receipts expected, by all accounts, because of that contest. In 2012, another Fortune 100 company got 500,000 user-generated videos and millions of views on its YouTube channel, bringing it the highest conversion rate the company had ever seen. Businesses continue to prolifically use UGC contests as one of the primary ways to attract customers to their websites, and more importantly, keep customers engaged with their products and services.
In this easy-to-understand, yet thorough book, learn:
- The benefits and risks of publishing UGC
- Step-by-step, how to get “Safe Harbor” immunity under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act from copyright infringement claims
- How to get “Safe Harbor” immunity under the Communications Decency Act from defamation and other legal claims
- Best practices for when and how to clear rights in UGC and other web content
- Best practices for moderating UGC
BOOK 3: PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS & SERVICES-LEGALLY!
Attracting customers to a business’ products and services and engaging them is only half the battle. To keep customers, businesses are increasingly using the Internet and telephone to market their products and services. Some of these methods, including email marketing, brand advocacy, tracking customer activity and telemarketing, are very effective and inexpensive. But . . . with this fantastic upside, comes legal risk.
Learn the basics in this thorough, but compact, summary of current marketing and advertising laws, including:
- Reviewing ad copy for compliance with truth-in-advertising laws
- Reviewing ad copy to ensure that it doesn’t violate anyone else’s rights
- The federal and state laws that govern the collection and use of personal information
- How to send out CAN SPAM Act-compliant email blasts
- Compliance with laws for marketing to children
- Compliance with laws governing the tracking of customer activities
- Using brand advocacy in compliance with the FTC’s Endorsement Guides
- Collecting and using personal information in compliance with federal and state privacy law
BOOK 1 CD
Here it is, all in one CD! All the templates you need to create your sweeps and contests, step-by-step.
- Official Rules for various types of sweeps and contests
- Other Forms needed for Sweeps and Contests, e.g., affidavits, parental consent and guarantee forms, prize notification email templates, and travel companion release forms
- Sample Prize Descriptions
- Various contract templates related to sweeps and contests
- Contest and Sweepstakes Checklists to help you cover all the bases
- Refer-a-friend promotion compliance guide
- State and Federal forms, including Florida and NY bonding and registration forms and federal 1099 form
- State law charts with state law statutory citations on multiple issues
- Resources for obtaining more information