Regular Price $34.95. Regular Library Price: $16.95 NOW: $7.95 (plus shipping and taxes)(shipping charges will be reflected in cart).
Allow 2-8 days for delivery, subject to stock availability.
In 2006, on a small budget, a movie studio (and Fortune 100 company) conducted one of the first user-generated content (“UGC”) contests. It drew 156,000 friends on MySpace and earned three times more than the box expected, by all accounts, because of that contest. In 2012, another Fortune 100 company got 500,000 user-generated videos and millions of views on its YouTube channel, bringing it the highest conversion rate the company had ever seen. Businesses continue to prolifically use UGC contests as primary way to attract customers to their websites, and more importantly, keep customers engaged with their products and services.
In this easy-to-understand, yet thorough book, learn:
- The benefits and risks of publishing UGC
- Step-by-step, how to get “Safe Harbor” immunity under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act from copyright infringement claims
- How to get “Safe Harbor” immunity under the Communications Decency Act from defamation and other legal claims
- Best practices for when and how to clear rights in UGC and other web content
- Best practices for moderating UGC